Fall Foliage Festival

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Today three of us from Harvest MOPS met at Mapleside Farms in Brunswick to enjoy the smells and sights of fall. By the end of the day our family left with apple cider donuts, 1/2 peck of assorted apples, lots of vitamin D, and a little more confidence. Noah, my 2 1/2 year old, saw the horse drawn wagon and declared "all done horses!" Walking onto the wagon I was calculating how long we would have to turn around and get off, wondering if I was pushing him too hard. I whipped out a graham cracker, spoke tenderly, and tried to understand his nervousness. As the wagon started down its path through the orchards, I abandoned my uncertainty, and Noah's fear gradually turned to curiosity. By the end of the trip he was sitting on his own bale of hay! Moments like that are priceless to me. I never tire of watching my kids learn something new, and it amazes me how often I discover that I am learning as well.

The desire to learn how to "be the best moms we can be" is one of the things I most appreciate about being in MOPS. I care deeply about parenting well, but I often feel so ill-equipped for this job. I find myself beating back the lie that every other woman was born with a magical parenting skill that I never got. God has to constantly remind me that He gave me these children. He didn't give them to another mom. He gave them to me, and He WILL equip me to raise them!! I am grateful that one of the ways God is equipping me is through the friendships and discussions of this MOPS group.

Last year this group was my life line. I moved to Ohio with two kids under two, no connections, and my husband working in a job that requires a lot of travel. Except for the hope and support that I found at MOPS it was a rough winter. This year I can feel God planting my feet a little deeper. Medina has become more our home. My prayer for this group is that every mom will feel met in their place in life, encouraged, and renewed. If you have any suggestions or concerns please let us know. In the meantime, if you need a friend or a good cup of coffee never hesitate to give me a call!

Blessings to you and your families!

~Heidi Graham, Events Coordinator


Heidi Graham with Noah (2 1/2) and Abby (16 months)

Abbie Foster is due in December!



Connie Peterson jumping with her daughter in the fun inflatable!
Hay rides through the orchard. 4000 trees are picked by only 2 men!


0 comments:

Post a Comment